Whilst growing up in the wilds of Wales Truan's childhood involved keeping himself entertained whilst attempting to master anything he could get hold of and always dreamt of showing these skills to the world. Little did he realise you could actually get paid for this...
Truan is an experienced and versatile performer working across the worlds of indoor and outdoor theatre, walkabout, cabaret and corporate. Combining physical and verbal comedy with high level juggling skills Truan specialises in performing with explosive fire juggling and magical crystal ball manipulation. Graduated with a foundation degree at Circomedia under the tuition of Bim Mason (Physical Theatre) and Rod Laver (Equilibristics and Manipulation - Juggling) Truan then completed his formal training with a Distinction at The National Centre for Circus Arts, in London.
Now performing nationally and internationally Truan will continue in the pursuit of his dream of performing worldwide, putting smiles on as many people's faces as humanly possible!
PAST SHOWS AND EXPERIENCE
- Cirque Bijou - Electronic Daisy Carnival & The Kitchen Project
- Can't Sit Still Circus-Theatre - 'A Small Chance of Showers' Summer Street Theatre Tour
- Auch FEDEC International Circus Festival with Circomedia
- The Play People - Isle of Mann Festival and Event performances
- Icarus - Source Music Festival, Netherlands
- Glastonbury Festival
- Shambala Festival
- Dussehra Festival Parade and Fire Show, Glasgow
- Here Come the Brides Walkabout, Bath International Music Festival
- Make Sundays Special - Bristol Council
PERFORMANCES WITH ORGANISED KAOS
- The Tempest On Fire - Fire Theatre Spectacular directed by David Goff Eveleigh
- Stage Production of Merlin and Arthur in China. Performed in the twenty thousand capacity filled stadium of Xiangyang.
- Solo Contact Ball performance as Merlin on City to City for Central Chinese Television 4 International.
- Torchbearers at The Wales Millennium Centre (main stage), directed by Phil Mckenzie and Laurence Allan. A Cultural Olympiad performance with collaboration from South Wales and South Africa
- The Passion in Port Talbot created by National Theatre Wales and Wildworks, co-directed by Micheal Sheen and Bill Mitchell
- Parklife in Pontardawe produced by NoFitState Circus
- Watch This Space at the National Theatre
PROFESSIONAL INFORMATION AND TRAINING
- Trained at Circomedia and The National Centre for Circus Arts
- Public Liability Insurance up to £10,000,000
- Fire Performance Insurance - Royal & SunAlliance under Policy No. RTT112094/526
- Equity Member – 00303877
- Clean UK driving license
- Completed Cirque Du Soleil Social Circus Training Course
- Completed First Aid at Work Three Day Course